stdout and stderr are getting mixed up?

Heinz Junkes junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Jun 21 16:01:53 UTC 2017

Running EPICS 3.16 on RTEMS 4.12 beatnik board with the actual
RTEMS 4.12 tool chain update.

Output to the console port get mixed if it comes from different posix threads.
( I saw this behavior earlier than the newest update, since 4.12 I think)

> But with RTEMS the output on the console is mixed up and not readable anymore.
>
>> ok 27 - pvt.count (8) == N+1 (8)
> ok 28 - Removed 1 listener
> # Testing iocLogPrefix
> # Listening on port 1026
> ok 29 - iocLogInit() == 0
> ok 30 - Accepted lnoegw  cclliieenntt:
> ocko n3n1e c-t eCdl iteon tl orge asde rcvoenrf iagtu r"e1d2
> 7.0.0.1:1026"
> ok 32 - prefix matches

Might his must be a feature of newer rtems/newlib as
4.9 and 4.10 don't do this. (or from the used posix threads?)

from rtems 4.9.6/pc386

> ok 27 - pvt.count (8) == N+1 (8)
> ok 28 - Removed 1 listener
> # Testing iocLogPrefix
> # Listening on port 1026
> ok 29 - iocLogInit() == 0
> ok 30 - Accepted new client
> ok 31 - Client read configured
> log client: connected to log server at "127.0.0.1:1026"
> ok 32 - prefix matches

At a guess from an other epics developer, some stdio locking has been
made more granular, or removed.

Danke,
Heinz