blkdev/dosfs/emmc issues.

Tasslehoff Kjappfot tasskjapp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 15:49:31 UTC 2017

I have some issues with rtems(4.11)/dosfs/emmc that I hope you can help me with. The problem is corrupted files after a software upgrade. It goes like this.

1. Format the eMMC. Doesn't matter if I use msdos_format, gparted or something else.
2. Boot the system and let the bootloader receive a ~10 file upgrade which it writes to eMMC
3. Compute md5sum of all the received files (open/read/compute/close). All the md5sums are ok.
4. "Disconnect" the eMMC with rtems_bdbuf_syncdev followed by umount. (I've also tried turning off the eMMC after this.)
5. Reboot the system. When I mount the eMMC again, the md5sum of the biggest file has changed. It's ~4MB, and typically 10-12 bytes are wrong.

I do not understand how the md5sum can be correct when read from the eMMC before I boot, and then have changed after a reboot. Is there a chance that I get data from some cache when I do open/read/close right after writing the file? A lot of times the bad bytes have been at an offset of 0x50000 into the file.

I've tried playing with the different BDBUF and SWAPOUT defines, but it doesn't affect the outcome.

Any help or ideas on things to try appreciated.

Best regards,
Tasslehoff