blkdev/dosfs/emmc issues.

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Mar 13 14:48:51 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Tasslehoff Kjappfot
<tasskjapp at gmail.com> wrote:
> A little update on this. I found out that if I do the following, the md5sum
> is wrong the second time I check it.
>
> 1. Write upgrade files
> 2. Check MD5
> 3. Unmount
> 4. Mount
> 5. Check MD5

What is the return value from unmount?

> If I do not unmount/mount, the MD5 is ok, even after a reboot.
>
> With JTAG I discovered that after I have initiated an unmount, the
> bdbuf_swapout_task tries to do 3 writes into blocks inside the file where
> the MD5 check fails. If I just ignore those writes, it also works.

Now that is strange. It may be worth it to inspect the
bdbuf_cache.modified and bdbuf_cache.sync chains. Those are what the
swapout task processes. A guess is maybe there is a race condition
between the two lists when the sync happens, and you are getting a
couple of extra writes.

You might also like to enable RTEMS_BDBUF_TRACE at the top of bdbuf.c file.