GSoC porting RTEMS on TI C6X DSP

Denis Obrezkov denisobrezkov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 22:10:02 UTC 2017

>> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Denis Obrezkov <denisobrezkov at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I think that I can't now compile something for c6x processor,
>>> because I don't
>>> have a beagleboard. Could you advise something on this situation?
>>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard-gsoc/JD0gow1m2jA
>>>

>> I think you mean you can't run executables. You did compile, right?
>>
>> I saw you state that the BB is USD400 in an odd Russian store. Not being
>> familiar with shipping into Russia, what about ordering from a site like
>> Adafruit or Element14? Depending on the variant, the board itself is
>> only about ~USD50.
>>
> I compiled it (haven't linked yet), and yes, I can't run it.
> The point is that delivery is unavailable for Russia.
> And even if it was possible, it seems that both beagleboard-x15 and
> beagleboard-xm are out of order.
> Beaglebone costs about EUR50 (85-120 in Russia) , and I already have one,
> but BBB
> hasn't a DSP processor.
>

>> How will you debug code on the C6x?
>>
> I wanted to debug it through GPIO,
> and after simple uart driver completeness,
> through serial port.
> Also, openocd is available, I think it might be possible to do a remote
> debugging.
>

> --
> Regards, Denis Obrezkov

I think there is no interest to the project (on the one hand the board is a
bit outdated,
on the other, there is no confidence that someone would maintain the port),
so, should I choose another project?
If so, could you list the most required projects?
I have a beaglebone and a low cost low power stm32 board,
interested in real-time systems and testing (interesting - how to make
temporal and
mock testing for rtems), have read ARINC653.

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov