[GSoC] Ethernet support for beaglebone.

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Mar 7 23:29:02 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Nikolay Komashinskiy <
nikolay.komashinskiy at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to take a part in GSoC and provide a support for ethernet in
> Beaglebone.
> am I understand right, that for such a task a debugger is needed, because,
> AFAIK,
> uboot does some initializtion? So, running initialization routine after
> uboot, we have
> no ability to say whether ethernet works due to a correct sequence of our
> steps, or
> partly as a consequence of uboot initialization.

I think Ethernet mostly works on BB's. There were some performance issues
at one point
related to UBoot version.  It was like a 10x difference. I think it was
narrowed down to
the initialization of the cache or MMU being different.

I have cc'ed Ben Gras.He is more likely to remember the details.

--joel