Undefined references compiling modified hello.exe

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Mar 15 14:58:18 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 6:25 AM, Cillian O'Donnell
> <cpodonnell8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have built everything for sparc4.12 erc32 and I'm having trouble
> compiling
> > the modified hello.exe. I've included paths to all the header files but I
> > still have many undefined references. Any tips of where to go from here
> > would be much appreciated. The output from the compiler is as follows:
> >
> > cpod at cpod
> > ~/development/rtems/kernel/erc32/sparc-rtems4.12/c/erc32/
> testsuites/samples/hello
> > $ sparc-rtems4.12-gcc init.c -isystem ~/development/rtems/4.12/sparc
> > -rtems4.12/erc32/lib/include -isystem
> > ~development/rtems/4.12/sparc-rtems4.12/include -o hello.exe
>
> You should be able to just use 'make' after you modified the source
> code for init.c

The arguments used on the compilation line do not match those required
to build and link any RTEMS application. Look at the output of the build
of RTEMS itself. You should see something like:

-B PATH/ -specs bsp_specs -qrtems -mXXX...

You need the -B...-qrtems to find the RTEMS headers and libraries.
The -mXXX options are BSP specific and select the proper CPU model.

The BSP specific compile and link options are in
c/src/lib/libbsp/make/custom/BSP.cfg.

--joel