GSoC porting RTEMS on TI C6X DSP

Denis Obrezkov denisobrezkov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:46:27 UTC 2017

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Denis Obrezkov <denisobrezkov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I think that I can't now compile something for c6x processor,
>> because I don't
>> have a beagleboard. Could you advise something on this situation?
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard-gsoc/JD0gow1m2jA
>>

> I think you mean you can't run executables. You did compile, right?
>
> I saw you state that the BB is USD400 in an odd Russian store. Not being
> familiar with shipping into Russia, what about ordering from a site like
> Adafruit or Element14? Depending on the variant, the board itself is
> only about ~USD50.

I compiled it (haven't linked yet), and yes, I can't run it.
The point is that delivery is unavailable for Russia.
And even if it was possible, it seems that both beagleboard-x15 and
beagleboard-xm are out of order.
Beaglebone costs about EUR50 (85-120 in Russia) , and I already have one,
but BBB
hasn't a DSP processor.

> How will you debug code on the C6x?

I wanted to debug it through GPIO,
and after simple uart driver completeness,
through serial port.
Also, openocd is available, I think it might be possible to do a remote
debugging.

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov