Conversion to new test suite_GSOC

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Fri Mar 17 19:26:56 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Cillian O'Donnell
<cpodonnell8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in the open project ticket

> Amar writes "This project involves converting the current test suite to the
> new format". Could anyone explain what is meant by the old format and the
> new format?

The current testsuite is a big bunch of standalone RTEMS applications
hosted inside of the rtems.git source tree at rtems.git/testsuites/*

For some of the prior work done in this area have a look through
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2012/Testing

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2013/Testing

Amar has a kind of vision for where he would like to see this go.

> For this project, would I be best setting up an i386 RTEMS in the QEMU
> environment and any other testing could be done with the RTEMS BSP Builder?

For testing it is ultimately best if you can reach a fairly broad
range of simulated targets, but in general you can get good coverage
with:
sparc/erc32 -- for gdb simulator testing of sparc
i386/pc386 -- for qemu testing of i386
xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu -- for qemu testing of arm