Conversion to new test suite_GSOC

Cillian O'Donnell cpodonnell8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:56:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thanks Amar and Gedare. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I had to get a
lot of assignments out of the way so I can focus on this.
Amar i see you have reorganized the whole testsuite, cut the folders in
half and got rid of meaningless names like sp01-77 in single processor
tests. Is this only a subsection of the test suite, so there are still
other tests that haven't been reorganized into this format. How many are
left?

As I understand it the 2012 GSOC found the unity testing framework was the
right fit for the new test suite and started to get it working with RTEMS.
The 2013 student finished his work and added the JSON automated output
feature. The student then concludes "This fully automates testing and
allows the developer to concentrate on writing unit tests." Which sounds
like this part of the project has been finished.
The students do not leave any details of unfinished work.

Just to be clear and sorry to belabour a point that must seem very obvious
to you Amar. Has the framework been established but has not yet been
implemented in the testsuite, so the style of the new testsuite will follow
the unity style testing but none of the code in the testsuite actually uses
this format yet. So this is the beginning of the next phase of the project
where each test will be gone through one by one and converted to the new
format.

Thanks,

Cillian.