Dynamic load real-time tasks

Павел Жданов paul.alex.zhdanov at gmail.com
Wed May 3 10:24:38 UTC 2017

Hi.
Really, is it possible to load tasks dynamically in runtime? I'm interested
in software updating. So far I think that final executable file in RTEMS is
monolithic image. It's big and it's take a lot of time to upload it via
serial port. If it's not modular then I can't upload new task and start it.
Can you suggest some methods that can be used to update RTEMS task at
runtime? For example update some of its functions using the dynamic linker
(dlopen, ...).

Best regards,
Pavel Zhdanov

С уважением, Жданов Павел.