waf compiling environment

Pham, Phong phamp at ddc-web.com
Sat May 20 02:52:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

Another dumb question with regard to the build environment in rtems-libbsd.  Enclosed is the screenshot of compiling a given file.  The compiler options where highlighted can be edited in the libbsd_waf.py (even though it is an autogenerated file but I edited it anyway and it works).  What about the options before the highlighted text?  It seems like the options are taken from the <toolchain path>/lib/pkgconfig directory after BSP installation.  If I remove the file, waf complains.  (Looks good).  Now if I instead of removing the file, I remove all the content of the file (essentially have a file of 0 bytes), compile with waf again and it actually compiles.  (Confused)  So where exactly does it get all the options from?  <bsp>/make/target.cfg is another file filled with confusion...

Absolutely confused,
Phong.

Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain Data Device Corporation's privileged and proprietary information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the named recipient of this transmission, any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the contents of this message is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please destroy it and any attached files and notify me immediately.