Has anyone tried to port Mono to RTEMS

xuelin.tian xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com
Wed May 24 14:43:18 UTC 2017

Thanks a lot.
And I have one last concern, what platform did you use then? Is there so much work on assembly part (or native language)?

From:  "Joel Sherrill"<joel at rtems.org>;
Date:  Wed, May 24, 2017 09:21 PM
To:  "xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com"<xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com>;
Cc:  "users at rtems.org"<users at rtems.org>;
Subject:  Re: Re: Has anyone tried to port Mono to RTEMS

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:41 AM, xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com <xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com> wrote:
 Thank you for your reply.

Regardless of testing, are there any difficulties to port Mono to RTEMS?

I don't recall any particularly. Mostly it just was a bunch of functions for the interpreter
that mapped to C Library and POSIX calls directly. You will have to figure out the
"main()" that invokes the interpreter on an assembly (was that the right word)?

My technique for porting estimates is to try to do it. Mostly fix minor things or
#if 0 them if they require some time-consuming work. I don't recall doing much
of that. The build system at the time was straightforward.

--joel

 Best wishes,
xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com