gproof issues

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Nov 9 13:55:22 UTC 2017

On Nov 9, 2017 7:12 AM, "yaron o" <jaron0123 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile using spart-rtems-gcc with gprof flags (-ggdb,-pg,
-O2) and I see link error:

/***********************************************************
**************************************/
/opt/rtems-4.10/lib/gcc/sparc-rtems/4.4.6/../../../../sparc-rtems/bin/ld:
cannot find -lc_p
/***********************************************************
**************************************/

I downloaded using apt-get libc6-prof packet which includes libc_p.a, but
the linker says that this is not compatible version.

What can I do in this case?
Is it any other right way to compile with profiler?

These are the tools provided by Gaisler so they would be the best ones to
answer questions but here goes.

The SPARC libc was not built with profiling support. Your apt-get installed
native x86, not SPARC libc support.

Profiling is normally done with a simulator on SPARC. I recall tsim has
direct gprof output support if you have that.

We use rtems-4.10 version.

Thanks and best regards,
Yaron