Experience with CAN bus on RTEMS

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Wed Nov 29 14:23:32 UTC 2017

Hello,

I was wondering if there has been any experience with the CAN bus on RTEMS before?
It turns out that searching for "can" results in quite poor results. So far I had little luck to find out if there are drivers for CAN bus controllers available in freebsd and which devices are supported.
Regarding RTEMS drivers I only found the CAN drivers for the lpc176x and for grcan. As we are targeting a PC104 platform I don't think they are relevant.

Is there someone with  experience with CAN + RTEMS (+libbsd?) and would be willing to share?
The most common device seems to be the SJA1000, so I will investigate if there is driver available which might be possible to port.

Best regards,

   Jan

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Simulation and Software Technology | Software for Space Systems and Interactive Visualization | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig | Germany

Jan Sommer
Telephone +49 531 295-2494 | Telefax 0531 295-2767 | jan.sommer at dlr.de
DLR.de/SC