Experience with CAN bus on RTEMS

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 30 00:59:26 UTC 2017

Hi Jan,

We use CANOpen in our devices, the I/O end use LPC176x processors,
running FreeRTOS and our master units run RTEMS on an iMX287 ARM9 processor.

We use CAN Festival for the CANOpen stack and on the imx287 we made it
work in an RTEMS (4.10) environment, but not specifically an RTEMS
driver, it sits as a library that uses the RTEMS API for interrupts,
tasks and message queues.

If you have any specific questions I am more than happy to discuss further.

regards,

Ian Caddy