Size of RTEMS application

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Oct 20 13:08:34 UTC 2017

On Oct 20, 2017 7:58 AM, "Hui Yie Teh" <hteh703 at aucklanduni.ac.nz> wrote:

Hi,

How do I get the footprint (RAM and ROM size) of an RTEMS application?

>From what I am seeing, the hello.exe from the testsuite is around 3.9MB.

That sounds like it came from ls. That's the file size with debug info. Use
the command TARGET-rtems4.xx-size on the exe to get the code, data, and bss
size.

On top of that is the size of the C program heap and memory for RTEMS OS
objects and stacks.

Is this the right footprint of an RTEMS application? Also is that the RAM
size or the ROM size?

Neither. Size on disk with extra information.

--joel

Cheers,
Yie