Size of application more than board's RAM (LM3S6965 Qemu)

Hui Yie Teh hteh703 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Sat Oct 21 12:43:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have the following size for my application:

>   77500    1544   64032 143076   22ee4 o-optimize/test.exe

I believe .bss and part of the .data is allocated in RAM. However, the
LM3S6965 Qemu board only has 64kB of RAM. On top of that, I have 4 rtems
tasks that has the stack size of 2048. I thought that will be allocated in
the RAM too. But my application still works and I am wondering if I
calculated the amount of memory in RAM wrongly?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
Yie