use USART on STM32F4 using RTEMS BSP.

l.quadrelli l.quadrelli at kayser.it
Tue Oct 31 15:54:54 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm very new to RTEMS.

I think to have successfully built RTEMS to run on the STM32F4.

I've tried the LED blinking example (trough timer) contained in the examples
folder (here: https://github.com/RTEMS/examples-v2/tree/master/led).

I have compiled and flashed it on my board and the led blinked, so I think
to have a good setup.

I want to go further and I would like to use USART in order to have a
console useful for debugging and learning.

I really have no clues on how to use the BSP (at code level) to implement
USART or more in general, implementing hardware drivers.

What should I define? What I need to call? I can imagine that with RTEMS and
the BSP I shouldn't  write code at "registers level". Am I right?

Can someone provide me a simple example about it? Can you give me some
clarification on the argument?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lorenzo