Filesystem in RTEMS

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Oct 21 04:55:27 UTC 2017

On 21/10/2017 14:58, xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com wrote:
>>> I also add this library -
>>> "additional_flags +=
> ['-L/opt/rtems-4.11.1-release/4.11-bsp/arm-rtems4.11/xilinx_zynq_zedboard/lib
> -ljffs2']"
>
>>Link order?
>
> Yeah, I google it, and it says that this kind of error is related to linking
> order. But I use waf, and have no idea how to change the order...
>
>     bld.program(target = "bkv01.elf",
>                 features = "cprogram",
>                 cflags = system_flags,
>                 includes = system_includes,
>                 source = system_src,
>                 use = ["bsd"],
>                 lib = ["m", "z"],

Why not add 'jffs2' here and the first entry?

Also use 'libpath' for the paths. Search for section 10.1.2 in the waf book
(https://waf.io/book). If you use rtems_waf the library path should be set for you.

>                 install_path = None
>     )
>
> So I just delete the compressor & decompressor part, and run it.
> In the function "mount_and_make_target_path", the "rtems_mkdir" part works well,
> but the "mount" process takes a long time, and no return...

The JFFS2 can take a while to mount if there are pages or sections in the flash
that need to be erased.

> I can not debug the mount process, since it is a system call.

RTEMS is a single address space and you can step all over your app and the
kernel and it is pretty good depending on your debugger and type of debugging,
ie JTAG or qemu.

Chris