QEMU and mvme3100

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Oct 29 21:07:31 UTC 2017

On 29/10/2017 01:58, Michael Davidsaver wrote:
> On 10/27/2017 02:13 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 10:17 PM, Michael Davidsaver
>> <mdavidsaver at gmail.com <mailto:mdavidsaver at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Chris Johns has posted some instructions this week on how to configured
>> the RTEMS Tester for your local setup. I am sure he would be very happy to
>> help you get it running for mvme3100 qemu and real hardware.
>
> Contacting Chris is on my TODO list.  I'm hoping that he already has a
> recipe for qemu and pc386 (or some other BSP).  It should be
> straightforward to adapt this for the mvme3100.

The Zynq qemu tester is a straight forward qemu configuration ...

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/tree/tester/rtems/testing/bsps/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu.ini

The difficult part with qemu or any simulated host environment in general is the
amount of load on the host machine you can have before tests start to fail.
Being able to run qemu instances in parallel is really great because it lowers
the testing time however a loaded machine slows the simulation down and can
generate false failures. The level can vary from host to host and host OS to OS.
We are yet to figure out a suitable solution for this problem.

Chris