gethostid in RTEMS 4.11

Brewster, Paul F. (LARC-D207) paul.f.brewster at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 5 20:03:44 UTC 2017

All,

I'm trying to get up to speed with RTEMS, along with an application framework (cFS) running on RTEMS, and I am having some difficulty.  I am able to get RTEMs compiled just fine with an i386 bsp, and was able to run a test application in a virtual machine, so that worked great.  The application framework, however, won't compile because it is missing the "gethostid" function.  When I grep for the gethostid function in the RTEMS toolchain, I find that it is in an #if defined(__CYGWIN__) block, so apparently isn't being included in my toolchain.  Is there something I need to do to include this, or is there another place this is defined?

Here's my situation.
Centos machine
Using RTEMS source builder with the command "sb-set-builder -prefix=... 4.11/rtems-i386"
Configuring RTEMS build with ".../configure -prefix=... -target=i386-rtems4.11 -enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 -enable-posix -enable-networking"

Thanks for the help!

Paul Brewster
Flight Software Systems Branch
NASA Langley Research Center