RTEMS 4.12 on RPi Zero

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 15:54:40 UTC 2017

RTEMS should work on the Raspberry Pi Zero, but I have not tried RTEMS on
the Raspberry Pi Zero W. The "W" model has wifi and bluetooth, and like the
Raspberry Pi 3, the bluetooth is connected to the UART which is used by the
RTEMS console. I believe we need to write a new console driver for the Pi
Zero W and 3 models.

The rest of the Pi models, such as the non wireless Raspberry Pi Zero
should work, but there is a problem with newer Raspberry Pi firmware. I
don't know what the exact problem is, but reverting to an older version of
the Raspberry Pi firmware seems to work.

Try this release of the firmware on your SD card:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/1.20160620/boot

Alan