RTEMS in the Zynq Ultrascale+

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Sep 6 13:41:53 UTC 2017

Not actively working on it, but I'd be quite interested in following your
progress.

As startup tips:
The ZynqMP expects to boot Linux in the Cortex cores, and then use
"remoteproc" to start the R5 cores. There is some example code that runs
FreeRTOS on the R5 like that, and I think that that would be a good starting
point for your RTEMS port.

The Zynq only has Cortex A9 cores, the RTEMS examples on that run stand-alone
as far as I know, and not in AMP mode alongside Linux.

Using remoteproc instead of "bare metal" will speed up development
considerably, as it allows you to control everything from the Linux system
running on the application cores.

On 06-09-17 12:32, ARTURO PEREZ GARCIA wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is anyone working on porting RTEMS to the R5 processors of the Zynq
> Ultrascale+. I'm going to face this task, but I would like to share this
> effort with somebody.
>
> And, I have some doubts:
> -Can be used the RSB for ARM as it is for this goal? Or should it be modified
> -I suppose that the BSP of the zynq is the best reference. But, do you know if
> there is another good bsp reference.
>
> Regards

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans