RTEMS Shell attached to Socket

LINDOW, Phil phil.lindow at airbus.com
Tue Apr 10 08:35:10 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I would like to use the RTEMS shell for a project but I need the shell to be attached to a socket and not just to a serial port. The documentation I found here Shell-Documentation<https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/shell/configuration_and_init.html> says that this is possible but the section that should describe how it is done is not yet ready. It only says "TBD".

Does anyone have an idea how to attach the shell to a socket? I would appreciate any help.

While I am waiting for an answer I will have a look at the RTEMS source code. Perhaps I can figure it out by myself.

Actually I would not have ask you guys before having a look at the source code but the project is urgent and I need a fast solution.

Thanks in advance!

Phil

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system. Astrium and Airbus Group companies disclaim any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Thomas Enders
Geschäftsführer: Dirk Hoke (Chairman), Dr. Lars Immisch
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ottobrunn, Amtsgericht München
HRB 107 648, USt.Id.Nr. DE167015661