Trouble with Quick Start build on CentOS 7 and Ubuntu

Christopher Etzkorn etzkorn.chris at
Sat Apr 14 01:19:56 UTC 2018

I have attempted multiple times to build the SPARC toolchain on both CentOS
7 and Ubuntu 16.04.4 in VirtualBox, and I keep hitting a snag at this point:

# ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/5

The build always fails at

config: tools/rtems-gcc-7.3.0-newlib.3.0.0.cfg
package: sparc-rtems5-gcc-7.3.0-newlib-3.0.0-x86_64-linux-gnu-1
building: sparc-rtems5-gcc-7.3.0-newlib-3.0.0-x86_64-linux-gnu-1

And I'm ultimately forced to kill the process.

In CentOS, I have successfully installed the 4.13 version of texinfo.
(Ignoring Ubuntu for now)

I also installed ncurses-devel, and I successfully followed this

# yum install autoconf automake binutils gcc gcc-c++ gdb make patch \bison
flex xz unzip ncurses-devel texinfo zlib-devel python-devel git

which is listed under 3.1.2. CentOS on the RSB page.

(Most of which I covered earlier on by running #yum group install
"Development Tools" and by installing texinfo separately).


I have also looked into making this change, MAKEINFO=true, inside the .cfg
files based on the information contained in the following link, but I have
not yet done so.  (Found in a recent post in the user mailing list):

To cover my bases and do this as neatly as possible, I have deleted CentOS
7, recreated it, and run the following commands in this order:

$ su
# dhclient
# yum install git
# yum install wget
# yum group install "Development Tools"
# yum install autoconf automake binutils gcc gcc-c++ gdb make patch \ bison
flex xz unzip ncurses-devel zlib-devel python-devel git

*/ I removed texinfo from the previous command and installed it separately
following the instructions for 4.13 /*

# cd ~
# mkdir -p Downloads
# cd Downloads
# wget
# tar -xzf texinfo-4.13.tar.gz
# cd texinfo-4.13
# ./configure --prefix=$HOME/development/texinfo-4.13
# make
# make install
# export PATH=$HOME/development/texinfo-4.13/bin:$PATH

# cd
# mkdir -p development/rtems/rsb
# cd development/rtems/rsb
# git clone git://
# cd rtems-source-builder
# cd rtems
#../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/5

Aaaaannnd, fail....

The output is in a slightly different order this time, but it's still
crashing at

building: sparc-rtems5-gcc-7.3.0-newlib-3.0.0-x86_64-linux-gnu-1

....At this point, I'm assuming I'm missing something completely asinine....

Thanks for the help!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the users mailing list