Timers in a task context

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 10 09:19:13 UTC 2018

On 10/04/18 11:11, Matthew J Fletcher wrote:
> It looks like a difference in operation to say, for example ThreadX,
> who's tx_thread_identify() function is documented similarly "If this
> service is called from an ISR the return value represents the thread
> running prior to the executing interrupt handler", however in
> operation in ThreadX there is no non-service, or raw timer interrupt
> handler, so it always returns the previous 'user' threads task.

These timer routines executing in the context of a particular thread
look more like a signal. You could use a timer and then send a signal to
a task in RTEMS. However, I would not use signals in RTEMS due to their
implementation (there is a potential infinite recursion).

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09