MitySOM 335x

Amaan Cheval amaan.cheval at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 06:12:08 UTC 2018

Hi!

I had a similar question when working on the x86_64 port for RTEMS a while back:
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2018-May/021522.html

Though the mailing list has no responses, my summarized understanding is:

- If the toolchains for your target exist and work correctly outside
of RTEMS, using their default linker script as a base works very well
("target-ld --verbose" should show you the default linker script). On
top of that, you'll likely only need to add a few exported symbols or
sections (WorkAreaBase, rtemsstack, rtemsroset, etc.) which will be
obvious enough due to compile-time errors. Looking around the RTEMS
codebase makes their purpose obvious enough, but feel free to ask on
the mailing list if not!

See: https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems/blob/dee2ebbaa680f50189c1e0bd71128d8362a6bfc4/bsps/x86_64/amd64/start/linkcmds#L6-L14

- If the toolchains _don't_ exist, that's _really_ your first step -
this likely isn't a problem for you given that ARM family processors
usually have decent developer support.

P.S. - Note that the "BSP and Driver Guide" is outdated in some parts,
so don't take its word as law - that said, it's still a very useful
document to have around.