Can the sb-set-builder be restarted after error

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Aug 6 22:20:04 UTC 2018

On 07/08/2018 07:29, DeCaro, Fred wrote:
> So I ran a command like this:
>
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix=/c/opt/rtems/4_11_3  --keep-going
> 4.11/rtems-arm
>
> and it failed in the rtems-tool part. Everything else seemed to build without
> errors.

OK.

> I went in and fixed the rtems-tool error and then re-ran just the rtems-tools
> part as follows:
>
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix=/c/opt/rtems/4_11_3  --keep-going
> 4.11/rtems-tools
>
> and it finished without errors.

Hmm. If this is true something should have been installed under the prefix.

> What I notice is that my /c/opt/rtems/4_11_3 directory does not seem to have any
> of the expected directories like
>
> /c/opt/rtems/4_11_3/bin
> /c/opt/rtems/4_11_3/include
> /c/opt/rtems/4_11_3/make
>
> What did I do wrong?

What was the error with the tools in the first attempt?

The RSB only installs when everything is OK. If it did not do this there may be
a possibility a broken tool is installed so the RSB leans to the side of being
cautious.

Chris