Parker Solar Probe Plus Launch

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Aug 11 15:35:04 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018, 11:31 AM Christian Mauderer <list at c-mauderer.de>
wrote:

> Am 07.08.2018 um 22:32 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
> > Hi
> >
> > The launch window for the Parker Solar Probe
> > Plus is from Aug 11 to 23 (3 days minimum).
> >
> > http://parkersolarprobe.jhuapl.edu/
> >
> > This is an RTEMS-based mission that will be
> > closer to the Sun than Mercury. It will require
> > 7 Venus gravity assist flybys and will make its
> > first close approach in 2024.
> >
> > If someone notices the launch getting close or knows
> > where to watch it online, please post.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --joel
> >

> Hello Joel,
>
> space missions are always a great example for the widespread use of
> RTEMS (in that case in terms of kilometres). So is there any reason that
> would prevent this probe to be added to the list in the RTEMS wiki:
> https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/TBR/UserApp/RTEMSApplications#SpaceandAviation
>
> I can add it if you want. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be
> a problem before doing so.

Please add it even though officially TBR is to be removed..the idea was to
find a new way to capture the info in any TBR page when we moved to Trac.
But there are so many still.

One is a duplication of getting started procedure between a TBR page and
the Users Guide. Need to review to.make sure Users Guide is best version,
change all references to old page, etc

> Do you have any more (publicly available) details about where RTEMS is
> used in that probe?

On my phone but Google "flight software workshop and solar probe plus".
That was its old name.