SMP related question

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Aug 22 11:07:11 UTC 2018

Hello Stavros,

On 22/08/18 12:43, Passas, Stavros wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My main objective was to have a way to run the rtems testsuite and
> have a script auto-compare the results with the corresponding scn file.
>
> Currently, just because core0 starts core1, seems like core1 always
> starts Init(), all results are flipped, thus this process cannot be
> automated.
>
> Functionality wise, everything runs as expected, I verified
> individually each core with the debugger, so I am ok with it.
>
> Also, this issue comes up in a different form also when the
> applications exits, because core1 (that had started Init(), exits with
> the expected return code, while all other cores terminate with
> RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_SMP/SMP_FATAL_SHUTDOWN_RESPONSE, which is handled
> as an error at the moment from the debugger/loader. For the moment I
> have added a fatal extension handler to avoid this case, but I am
> still looking if there is any better solution.

I think a long term solution is to use a new test framework which
produces machine readable output.

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3199

The only machine readable output is currently the begin/end of test
message. We try currently to get some budget for this. Please let me
know if you are interested to contribute to something in this area.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09