Problems with RTEMS toolchain build 4.12 & 5 incl. Ada support

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Dec 2 22:36:35 UTC 2018

Great. Have you posted any of these builds to build at rtems.org?

> The host and target GCC versions must match to build Ada. So, building the 6.3.0
> RTEMS target GCC with a 7.1.0 host GCC will not work.

Should the RSB check the version of GCC's Gnat?

> You must not have a previous installation in the prefix if you build new tools
> with Ada support.

Oh this complicated issue again [1]. I suspect this one is not going to go away
in a hurry and the solution will need to be clearly thought out.

Could you please update the ticket with this detail so it is captured? I have
not built Ada for RTEMS so I am not sure what the exe prefixes etc are.

> The documentation
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/rsb/building-tools-and-rtems.html#controlling-the-build
>
> should probably be updated to mention this.

I see a patch from you, thank you. I will review it today.

> I would use the latest RTEMS.

Sure and thanks.

Chris

[1] https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2540