Qualification of RTEMS SMP (ECSS)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Dec 4 16:59:07 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 10:53 AM Amaan Cheval <amaan.cheval at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is great news!
>
> - Is there a way for other interested parties to join the effort
> (volunteers from the community)?

I am at hte Flight Software Workshop and the ESA person here says they will
get input from the space community.

>From an RTEMS perspective, some will happen on devel@ but there is a
provide and maintain as much of the technical information as possible
needed for qualification and certification efforts. But we must not crush
an open source project with weight. Ensuring our processes are
well-defined, tests are repeatable, continuous integration testing, etc are
all important. Doing things better is one push.

The other push may ended up with things only applicable to qualification
efforts. Those must be maintained by those interested in qualification. The
formal analysis may be in this bucket.

This is an opportunity to do things better and do ground-breaking work for
an open source project. We all just need to do our bit.

FWIW I am presenting tomorrow at the FSW and have 3 slides on qualification
efforts including this one.

--joel