RTEMS Toolchain building failed for ARM

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Feb 20 00:25:07 UTC 2018

On 19/02/2018 17:11, zhang heng wrote:
> Dear,
>    I am busy in doing my homework some days ago,so I have no time to respond
> your letter.
>    I have updated mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc to 7.3.0 and have installed all packages
> according to the manual
> (https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/hosts/windows.html#installing-msys2) <https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/hosts/windows.html#installing-msys2).the> .
> The following information is executed in msys2 minGW-64bit shell.
>
> heng at heng-PC MINGW64 /h/Project/rtems/rsb/rtems
> $ pacman -Q  python mingw-w64-x86_64-python2 mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc \
>> bison cvs diffutils git make patch tar texinfo unzip
> python 3.6.2-1
> mingw-w64-x86_64-python2 2.7.14-5
> mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc 7.3.0-1
> bison 3.0.4-1
> cvs 1.11.23-2
> diffutils 3.5-1
> git 2.16.1-1
> make 4.2.1-1
> patch 2.7.6-1
> tar 1.30-1
> texinfo 6.3-1
> unzip 6.0-2
>
>    Unfortunately, The error still exist.

Windows and MSYS2 does work so I am starting to wonder if something else is
causing issues.

Do you have any other MinGW installed that is not MSYS2?
Do you have Cygwin installed?
What does your PATH look like in the an MSYS2 shell?

Can you please create a simple hello world type C file and try and compile it
with the x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc compiler in the MSYS2 shell and report any error?

Failing all this you may need to find the config.log in the build directory and
see what the error is. It will be in
'/H/project/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/e2xwm1/expat-2.1.0' on your disk. Please do
not post that file to the list. Please open it and look for the part with the
error and paste that part.

Chris