GSoC'18-Introduction

Christian Mauderer list at c-mauderer.de
Tue Feb 27 19:33:15 UTC 2018

Am 26.02.2018 um 22:17 schrieb Chris Johns:
> On 25/02/2018 21:32, Christian Mauderer wrote:
>> Regarding debugging the application: I would strongly recommend to use
>> some kind of hardware JTAG debugger. Some Beagle Bone variants have an
>> on-board debugger (I think mainly the older white one). For others you
>> can use hardware debuggers like quite a number of adapters supported by
>> OpenOCD (FlySwatter2, simple FTDI-based ones, ...), Segger J-Link (in
>> your case the EDU version) or whatever you find that can debug the BBB.
>
> I am currently working on getting a git master OpenOCD and a FlySwatter2 on a
> BBB working. I have the FlySwatter2 adaptor soldered to a BBB per
> https://www.tincantools.com/wiki/Flyswatter2_BeagleBone_Black_How_To.
>
> It is not working at the moment and getting the board to halt on a 'reset halt'
> is not that simple.

Hello Chris,

thanks for the information. I'm quite sure that I have seen some web
pages that use the FlySwatter2 together with a BBB. But If you had some
bad experience, I'll not recommend the FlySwatter2 or some OpenOCD based
debugger for the BBB in the next time.

As a positive report: I have a quite stable setup with the Segger J-Link
EDU. The EDU is a affordable variant with the disadvantage that it must
only be used for non-commericial purpose.

Best regards

Christian