MIPS with Qemu

Rehab Massoud rehab.massoud at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 22:08:36 UTC 2018

Thanks a lot Hesham for your reply.

I'd post the steps here hopefully after it works so that future qemu
newbies, like me now, might find it useful. Now as a start: is it correct
that Redboot is the way to go as a boot loader? (following
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/redboot/malta.html) Although it is
ecos based, but still could point to the start address of the rtems image,
right?

Because the steps mentioned in
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/TBR/UserManual/QemuTutorial does not specify
the architecture of the floppy image, also the file floppy.img.bz2 , when
trying to unzip it I get:

$ bunzip2 floppy.img.bz2

bunzip2: floppy.img.bz2 is not a bzip2 file.

--

Best regards,

Rehab