Device Interrupt Handler CPU Load Anaysis Method.

Thomas Kim thomas73.kim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 06:35:41 UTC 2018

Dear Huber,

I think that there is limitation using RTEMS profiling feature, too.
Instead of this method, I am using hardware assitance method using GPIO
signal as like below;

void bsp_interrupt_dispatch(void)
{
  volatile gic_cpuif *cpuif = GIC_CPUIF;
  uint32_t icciar = cpuif->icciar;
  rtems_vector_number vector = GIC_CPUIF_ICCIAR_ACKINTID_GET(icciar);
  rtems_vector_number spurious = 1023;
  if (vector != spurious) {
    uint32_t psr = _ARMV4_Status_irq_enable();
    gpio01_19_high(); /* Signal High */
    bsp_interrupt_handler_dispatch(vector);
    gpio01_19_low(); /* Signal Low */

    _ARMV4_Status_restore(psr);
    cpuif->icceoir = icciar;
  }
}

When I check GPIO signal using digital scope, I can check average duty
cycle.

Do you think that it is good method ?

There is additional question.
I think that CPU time percentage using "cpuuse" is CPU time consuming value
except interrupt handler consuming time.

Is it correct ?

Best Regards,
Thomas