the difference between posix user and c user

bin.wang at qkmtech.com bin.wang at qkmtech.com
Thu Jan 11 01:29:02 UTC 2018

think you very much.

as  you said:

>POSIX and ISO-C tend to go together.
>With RTEMS, you can also use ISO-C with the "Classic API", which
>consists of interface functions accessible from C programs as
>described in the "C User Guide".

Does it mean that i can just use ISO-c?  so ,i think  I do not  need care about posix API because i think  i use the classic api  is enough for me  . is it right?

>Most new development and ports of existing software probably use POSIX
>anyway, except for the simplest applications. This configure option
>was provided historically as a way to avoid compiling the POSIX
>library into an application, but modern compilers are able to remove
>the unused code any way.

i think i understand what you said  in this part . if i use the  --enable posix in the  configure , but i do not use the posix api, then ,the compiler will not use the unused code .

thanks

bin.wang at qkmtech.com