rsb

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 21:47:46 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 2:24 PM, Siddons, David <siddons at bnl.gov> wrote:
>
>> I looked at the Github site, got to the 4.11 branch, and the window had
>> an https link for cloning. THat seems to have worked:
>>

>> git clone https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems-source-builder.git rsb
>>

> Weird. I would expect both to work from home. Even a new home router
> wouldn't
> get in the way of something like that.
>

>> More as I continue 😊
>>

> Weird that you are at home and having trouble. That's usually where
> everything works. :(
>
> On an odd note, I had an 8-port switch die in my house this week. Was the
> last
> thing I expected to have broken. Got a new one and then my son plugged both
> ends of a cable into the new switch and the network here suffered greatly.

I once saw a situation where an intern plug a cable dangling from one port
into the empty port sitting next to it. The entire network went into total
meltdown. Luckily when someone from the IT group was going for a
replacement router happened to notice the "odd wiring" an unplugged it. The
luck was that the spare router was in a storage room next to where the
offending cable was.

Russ