Looking for reference for rebuilding the LEON3 BSP

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Jul 20 16:29:39 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:15 AM, Coleman, Dennis E <
Dennis.Coleman at gd-ms.com> wrote:

> I’m developing for the LEON3FT using RTEMS 4.10.1.
>

> I need to rebuild the LEON3 BSP with new compiler switches including the
> -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections for GNU Garbage Collection.
>
> I’m looking for a “how to” reference that would walk me through which
> files to update in the RTEMS directory structure and how to clean and
> rebuild
>
> all of the .a files under \sparc-rtems\leon3\lib.

You are looking for c/src/lib/libbsp/sparc/leon3/make/custom/*cfg

If you check these file in 4.11.x, I think they will have those arguments
added.

You will also have to modify the linkcmds to account for wildcards needed
in section names. Each function/data item will go in a unique section
and you need wildcards. Again the 4.11.x linker script for the leon3
should be a guide.

Is this is Gaisler release?