How to use rtems_event_system_send and rtems_event_system_receive?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jul 30 06:16:36 UTC 2018

Hello Cliff,

On 27/07/18 17:45, Cliff Geschke wrote:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
> I'm afraid that moving to version 5.x would have even more incompatibilities to
> deal with.

what are the incompatibilities. Maybe we can fix some of the
incompatibilities before the RTEMS 5.1 release.

> I tried the hack and it seems to work okay.  It was a mystery as to why my waits
> on SBWAIT were never satisfied.  I would have appreciated a mention of the new
> system events somewhere.

The system events are mentioned in the release notes:

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Release/4.11

However, it is not mentioned that they are used by the network stack.
You can improve the release notes if you like.

> If I were adding system events, I think I would extend the event mask to be 64
> bits and then let the user routines access only the low 32 bits.  But let the
> system routines access them all.

RTEMS is not made of stone. You can still change the system event
implementation if you think it is worth to do it.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09