Format flash chip with FAT

LINDOW, Phil phil.lindow at airbus.com
Tue Jun 5 11:03:48 UTC 2018

> Why do you want to use a FAT file system on a flash instead of JFFS2?
> With the functions you have, you have all what you need to use JFFS2.

Because the file system should be compatible with RTEMS, VxWorks and in the best case PikeOS.
I know that FAT is not the best choice for flash but I am afraid FAT is the only file system that is integrated in all three of them.
We are also discussing a custom file system but that would involve a bigger amount of work.
Features like wear-leveling  are not very important because most of the time data will only be read and not written.