RTEMS Source Builder issue

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 26 07:01:36 UTC 2018

Hi Chris,

On 26/06/2018 2:49 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 26/06/2018 16:36, Ian Caddy wrote:
>> It is failing trying to build newlib, complaining that it can not find zlib.h:
>>
> Did you review the hosts section of the manual:
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/rsb/hosts.html
>
> Which host are you on?

Yes, and I am on a Ubuntu VM, but one of the commands did fail:

sudo apt-get build-dep binutils gcc g++ gdb unzip pax

Ubuntu did not know what "build-dep" was, so I changed it to install and it all installed OK.
sudo apt-get install binutils gcc g++ gdb unzip pax
sudo apt-get install python2.7-dev git

>> Is this a known issue?
> Needing to install known dependencies is known.

OK, do you have a hint for which dependency I have not installed?

regards,

Ian C.