MVME3100 FPU Support on RTEMS 4.10.2

Matt Rippa mrippa at gemini.edu
Fri Jun 8 04:15:54 UTC 2018

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the info. When I heard RTEMS 5, I was still thinking EPICS
3.14.x.
So thanks for clarifying. I have a better sense of how much work this is.
It still
occurs to me that an mvme2500 RTEMS 4.10 option is possible. Sebastian, if
you see a way forward there, we would be interested.

I mentioned before that the 2500 is our best path. So now I guess that's
debatable.
That's based on price point and a suitable cpu for our applications.
Browsing the RTEMS BSP list, I see
 the the 5500 as an option. Has anyone used this board on RTEMS with EPICS?
The 5500 is still offered and manufactured by Artesyn and the price is
around $4500.

-Matt