RTEMS Source Builder issue

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 26 07:13:47 UTC 2018

On 26/06/2018 3:01 PM, Ian Caddy wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> On 26/06/2018 2:49 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
>> On 26/06/2018 16:36, Ian Caddy wrote:
>>> It is failing trying to build newlib, complaining that it can not
>>> find zlib.h:
>>>
>> Did you review the hosts section of the manual:
>>
>> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/rsb/hosts.html
>>
>> Which host are you on?
>
> Yes, and I am on a Ubuntu VM, but one of the commands did fail:
>
> sudo apt-get build-dep binutils gcc g++ gdb unzip pax
>
> Ubuntu did not know what "build-dep" was, so I changed it to install
> and it all installed OK.
> sudo apt-get install binutils gcc g++ gdb unzip pax
> sudo apt-get install python2.7-dev git
>
>>> Is this a known issue?
>> Needing to install known dependencies is known.
>>
> OK, do you have a hint for which dependency I have not installed?

An update on this, I am not that familiar with Ubuntu and got the
correct information about build-dep, it was erroring saying I had no
source in my source.list, which I have now fixed, and it is installing a
bunch more stuff for that first install line, I will give it another
shot and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

regards,

Ian C.