EmbedCoreTech - Contribution Direction for RTEMS using i.MX6Q

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:47:42 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 11:24 PM, JunBeom Kim (EmbedCoreTech) <
jbkim at e-coretech.kr> wrote:

> Dear Russell Haley,
>

> Because FreeBSD is ported for i.MX6 Humming board, I will consider RTEMS
> for i.MX6 Humming Board, too
>
> But, first target board will be i.MX6 SDP board because there is LVDS
> panel.

I have just noted there is a 30 pin LVDS output on my carrier board and I
have an panel from an old Digi  IMX53 quickstart kit that I could try (not
sure the pin count on the panel yet).

> Regarding display port, I ported framebuffer for both LVDS panel and HDMI
> with clone display mode using Platform SDK driver in project for my
> customer. I attached this(old document).
>

> If I open RTEMS version for i.MX6 in the future, framebuffer will be used
> for both LVDS Hanstar panel 1024x768 and HDMI.
>
> As I check from FreeBSD port for i.MX6, IPU/LDB driver is not supported.
>
> Therefore, I will use Platform SDK’s IPU/LDB driver code until FreeBSD
> support IPU/LDB driver.
>

> Regarding SATA port, I will consider Platform SDK’s SATA driver because
> there is not SATA for FreeBSD/i.MX6 port. On referencing, I didn’t test
> this SATA driver until now.
>
> I just tested SD card and eMMC for FAT32 file system on customer design
> board.

I'm not sure what you mean by FreeBSD not having SATA support. The IMX6
AHCI driver was fixed last summer and I have access on my board to a 30 GB
SSD. However my image is well over a year old.

> Anyway, I think that my final goal with RTEMS users is to migrate driver
> code from FreeBSD to RTEMS because there is well-hidden bug in Platform SDK.
>

> On referencing, If you want to receive old Platform SDK code for internal
> review, I can share this.

Thank you, I hope to be at the point of testing some BSPs in the coming
months.

Sincerely,
Russ