Crash deep in heap allocation for rtems_region_get_segment() call

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Mar 6 18:26:50 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Matthew J Fletcher <amimjf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> So the current block is 0x70b0bef8 with a size_and_flag of 257, block->next
> is 0x70b0c9f8 with a size_and_flag of 3444481, block->prev is 0x701615b8
> with a size_and_flag of 0.
>
> I note that the 'prev' and the 'free_list_anchor' are the same, as is the
> 'heap' pointer, not sure if thats normal ?

I don't know the answer to this question, but I suspect it is normal
and that the current block is the first unused block, with size 256.

The block_next is unused with size 3,444,480 or about 3.2 MiB as would
be expected. As far as I can tell, there's not a good reason for the
crash at this point, so I'm baffled. The memory accesses appear to be
within the expected regions.