load dynamic libraries after base image update

José Soler josogar3 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:04:13 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am starting to use RTEMS applications, i.e. RAP files that are
dynamically loaded by rtems-rtl. After reading the documentation I found,
something is unclear to me and maybe somebody can help clarify: when
creating the application with rtems-ld a base image has to be provided to
resolve symbols, and I would like to know whether the applications must
always be created anew whenever the base image itself is updated, or under
some circumstances it is possible to load apps that were linked with a
different (previous) base image (e.g. if the actual symbols that the
applications needs have not been changed).

Thanks

--Jose