Task sync problems related with binary semaphore and cache memories

Arturo Perez Garcia arturo.perez at upm.es
Wed Nov 28 10:30:17 UTC 2018

Disabling the caches don't fixe the problem, I was wrong.

Maybe I'm initializing wrongly the RTEMS objects.

In the Init task I create the binary semaphore:

        rtems_semaphore_create(a3_sem_name, 1, RTEMS_BINARY_SEMAPHORE |
RTEMS_FIFO | RTEMS_LOCAL, 0, &a3_sem_id);

Then I create 2 tasks with different priority:

	rtems_task_create(
		t_matmul_name, 1, RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE * 2, RTEMS_PREEMPT,
		RTEMS_LOCAL, &t_matmul_id
	);

	rtems_task_create(
		t_inout_name, 2, RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE * 2, RTEMS_PREEMPT,
		RTEMS_LOCAL, &t_inout_id
	);

The tasks must be synchronized through the semaphore, but they are not.
The semaphore is acquired by both tasks consecutively before it has been
released.

I suppose that it is due to an error in my BSP implementation, but I
don't know how to test it.

Thanks.

Arturo Perez Garcia - arturo.perez at upm.es

Researcher