rtems_message_queue_receive / rtems_event_receive issues

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Oct 1 07:16:41 UTC 2018

On 01/10/2018 08:55, Catalin Demergian wrote:
> Hello,
> After enabling RTEMS_DEBUG like you told me, I found the test I left
> running over the weekend like this
>
> [/] #
>
> [/] #
>
> [/] # assertion "first != _Chain_Tail( &ready_queues[ index ] )"
> failed: file
> "../../cpukit/../../../stm32f7/lib/include/rtems/score/schedulerpriorityimpl.h",
> line 166, function: _Scheduler_priority_Ready_queue_first

This means that the scheduler tries to use the first thread of an empty
ready queue. Someone corrupted the scheduler data structures. This could
be a general scheduler bug, a heap corruption, a stack overflow, some
arbitrary memory corruption.

Which RTEMS 4.11 release do you use exactly?

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09