rtems_message_queue_receive / rtems_event_receive issues

Catalin Demergian demergian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:37:52 UTC 2018

Hi,
I continued debugging.
It turned out _Thread_Unblock is not called because in _Event_Surrender
(called directly by rtems_event_send) boolean var unblock is false.
to be more exact, in
  if (
    _Event_Is_blocking_on_event( the_thread, wait_class )
      && _Event_Is_satisfied( the_thread, pending_events, &seized_events )
  )
the _Event_Is_blocking_on_event( the_thread, wait_class ) condition fails,
hence the else is entered, unblock is set
to false, _Thread_Unblock not called anymore; and since the call chain was
_Thread_Unblock->_Thread_Clear_state->_Scheduler_Unblock->_Scheduler_priority_Unblock->_Scheduler_Update_heir->
Context Switch to SCrx
there will be more CS for my task on the CPU.
This worked for 5401 ping packets, but for 5402th and so on it's not
working any more.
_Event_Surrender is called every second, but it fails in the same way every
time.

Now .. why would _Event_Is_blocking_on_event fail ?
regards,
Catalin

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 9:55 AM Sebastian Huber <